Three Sons Cuvee Pinot Noir and Picholine Olive Oil Pairing
A beautiful pairing of Three Sons Cuvee Pinot Noir and Sebastopol-grown-and-produced organic olive oil!
- 2019 Three Sons Cuvee Pinot Noir, 750ml Aromas of dark cherry and plum rise from the glass, mingling with the subtle scents of lilac and violets. Rich, velvety mouthfeel with flavors of dark cherry and elderberry, with a mid-palate of forest floor and Christmas spices, finishing with black pepper notes.
- Gold Ridge Picholine Organic Olive Oil, 250ml French blend, showing bright aromas of wheatgrass, matcha green tea and lemon citrus. Flavors are fresh, grassy, and herbaceous. Hints of artichoke and arugula on the finish. Medium pungent and medium robust, low bitterness and a subtle expression of fruit.
- Halleck Vineyard Professional Double-Hinged Wine Key
- Three Sons - Picholine Recipe Card
Everything wrapped in gold tissue!
Why we paired them:
The earthiness of this pristine oil made from the Picholine olive, a cultivar from France, balances the fruit while complements the subtle tones of earth and spice in this signature Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
Best way to pair them:
- Pour some oil into a small bowl. Dip a piece of baguette, sweet or sour, into the oil.
- Prepare your favorite pasta. Drizzle a generous measure of olive oil with a bit of sea salt and a touch of garlic. Feel free to add fresh tomatoes and spinach to make it a meal.